Saturday, February 26, 2011

International Saimoe League 2011 - Part 2


Follow up to this post. I will cover the remaining groups just in time before the start of the preliminaries!

The official page shows also the images now: groups.

Of course I cannot comment on the series I haven't watched (yet). So the following considerations are based on the characters I know.

Group 10
I think Nagi could be in a good position here. I am just judging by the looks and by the fact she is in a popular series. Rose might be rising in popularity and both Astraea and Mikan are support roles (yet very good!).
Nagi first and Rose second.

Group 11
Sakura is in this group and she is widely known although not recent. Eucliwood is a rising star. I don't know about Clannad, but Yui, Komoe and C.C. don't seem to be a big threath.
Eucliwood Helscyihte-dono first and Sakura second.

Group 12
This one is crowded by many characters I know (and like!). Saber is still very popular while Horo might have been so during the anime airing but I think is not very strong now. Both Haruna and Seraphin from Kore wa Zombie desu ka are good but quite new and Yui from Angel Beats (ahh the sadness!!) was also very nice. Homura in my opinion will suffer from being from a dark anime with shocking moments.
I will try with Saber first and Yui second.

Group 13
Kirino is here, I think there are little doubts on who will come first :) Although she is in a apparently different position since Fate is in the same group, Fate won the saimoe three years ago and her series is old. Kanzaki might suffer from short screentime. Hecate had quite some time during Shana Second (through her "copy") but is a strange character. Madoka could be in a good position though.
Kirino first and Fate second.

Group 14
Hiiragi is in a good position, I don't see many strong contenders in this group. Sure there are popular characters like Asuka, Zero no Luise and even Suiseiseki. I also found Shiina good but she didn't have enough time in Angel Beats.
Hiiragi first and Luise second (wishlisting here...)

Group 15
Kuroneko will probably dominate this group. Senjogahara and Okami are both good (the first one i think has a wider following, based solely on anime popularity). Yuki is also good, but with a supporting role. Then there is Ayanami Rei.
Kuroneko first and Rei second.

Group 16
Another character from Oreimo is here, the childhood friend Manami, although she is not nearly as popular as the two favourites. Cecilia sadly is not getting much attention in IS and will probably not have many chances. I think the big hitters in this group are Rin and of course Kanade. I am not really sure about Nadeko's popularity but I don't think she represents a threat for them. Also Kanon from Kaminomi is one of the characters taking more episodes.
Kanade first and Mio second (total guess!)

Looking at the list I realized there are so many series I haven't watched yet. This was a good source to update the "plan to watch list"!

I am really curious to know what will come out of the preliminaries!

2 comments:

  1. I would say,
    Welcome to ISML.
    Hope you enjoy with the experience (have went through 2009 and 2010 ISML)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I didn't think I would get so worked up, but here I am eagerly waiting for the results of Day 2!!

    ReplyDelete