Wednesday, February 23, 2011

International Saimoe League 2011



The time has come for the fourth edition of ISML!
http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/

Unfortunately I was not aware of the previous three editions so I didn't contribute, but this year is different. I am very motivated and I will support my favourite characters!
Last year the winner was Mio from K-ON and Misaka was second. Ooooh too bad I could not support her :-(

But those who got many votes in the previous edition enter automatically the next year so they are both in.
This year the favourites seem to be Kuroneko and Kirino from Oreimo who came first and second in the preliminary selections.

A short list of characters I want to support is:
Mikoto Misaka,
Ika Musume,
Victorica,
Haruna (Kore wa Zombie desu ka),
Last Order

But there are many others... :-)

I did like Oreimo, but it's not my favourite. Of course, in case of a character I don't know vs a character I know I will probably support the second one, unless I really dislike it (but I can't find a character I dislike in the partecipants).

I think I will give preference to characters with more episodes rather than the newest ones. The latter have still some time to go ;-)
The first rounds of preliminaries will start on February 27, give it your best!


Update!
The groups are defined, thanks to animeraku:
http://www.animeraku.com/2011/02/isml-2011-preliminary-groups-revealed.html 
I refer to the link for the actual group composition and I will also attempt my first and second guesses for each group:

Group 1
definitely favourite Myo. Elsie could take some votes and Merry too, although she is quite new.
I don't know Yamamoto Nanako (Hanamaru Youchien) so I cannot comment on her. Is Busujima Saeko really moe?!? She cuts zombies enjoying the slaughter! I guess there are many different kinds of moe...
They are all quite good, but they are mostly not support characters. So I will go for the obvious:
Myo first and Merry second.

Group 2
there are more then one I don't know here, but anyway: Misaka is here and I soooo hope she will come out first! Why did they put Last Order in the same group as Misaka?!? I think they should have separated characters from the same anime.
Misaka first and Ritsu second.

Group 3
probably shana as she is the most well estabilished. The others (that I know) are either relatively new or support roles. Saten for example is only the Railgun and Shinonono from IS just is very new. If there is an Ayase route before the votations start she could have much more support.
Shana first and Ayase second (if she gets a route).

Group 4
Azunian, there is little space for doubts. On the other hand Charlotte is coming out quite strongly as she is getting lots of attention in IS! Personally I also like a lot Shinku, but it's been a while since the last episode of Rozen Maiden aired...
Azunian first and Charlote second (if she gets more strong episodes she might even fight with Azunian !!)

Group 5
The winner of the second edition vs Ika Musume! I haven't watched Hayate and I start to think I really should :). Also Shiori is nice and is the last girl in Kaminomi, so the most recent.
Ika Musume first and Hinagiku second (just because she is bound to be popular).

Group 6
I wonder how much Taiga is popular. Yami is kuudere and I like her a lot! Lingyin didn't get much attention in IS (and everyone is currently shadowed by france-tan). Poor Kuroko is not in the same group as onee-sama :D
I will try Taiga first and Ui second (almost random here)

Group 7
I don't see much competition for Yuki here. Maybe because most of the other characters are from anime I haven't watched (yet).
Yuki first and Sora second.

Group 8
This is difficult... I will try this:
Harui first and Yuri second.

Group 9
Lots of good ones here. Yui is the favourite in my opinion but I hope for Victorica to stand out. Laura Bodewig hasn't entered Ichika's harem yet. If she will go dere-dere before the votations she might stand a chance. I don't think Uiharu has much possibilities hera but I wish her good.
Yui first and Victorica second.

In the next update the remaining groups!

No comments:

Post a Comment